I want to thank those who nominated me, believe me when I say that it is the sweetest and most rewarding thing to see hardworking bloggers get recognition and then graciously pass it on to others. I’ve been meaning to write the Liebster post but it keeps slipping my mind. So Sarah and Coffeenlucia, thank you for the award.
Official rules for the Liebster award:
- Each nominee link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are Sarah’s Questions
Here are Coffeenlucia’s Questions
- If you could change a drama’s ending, which drama would it be? What would the new ending be?
Well, to be completely honest, basically most Chinese drama’s endings leave me feeling like I’ve been cheated. They have this tendency to try and “teach” the audience that it’s not all rainbows and unicorns and that everyone dies that’s the natural order. Every story tries to have a sad ending because it’s suppose to have an emotional UMPH. But it’s like eating chocolate for every meal eventually it just leaves a terrible taste in your mouth. I wouldn’t mind emotional growth in a character but the dramas become social preachings and it gets iffy for me. But long story short, I would say Legend of Lu Zhen for now.
- 5 cool facts about yourself?
Fact 1: I realized that being stuck in a place that was impossible to be happy can be a great motivator to find a way to be happy. I come from a culture where money is looked to be the end all be all, and the more you have, the more happy you should be. It’s hard to admit that money, while important, shouldn’t be the indicator of happiness. So the cool fact about me is that I’ve finally released myself from being trapped by the standards my cultures expected me to follow. I’ve quit my old job and found one that’s not only rewarding but makes me truly, deliriously happy.
Fact 2: I’m wordy beyond belief and can talk hours on end unless someone stops me.
Fact 3: I’m blunt.
Fact 4: I’ve swam with sharks without cages and skydived
Fact 5: I curse a lot.
- What got you into watching dramas?
– Someone recommended me korean dramas when I was about 13 and it’s been a wonderful illness ever since
- What is your favorite drama? And why?
– A great drama is something you go back to on a bad day and watch it without really watching it. I have several. Dick Van Dyke show is amazing, the humor is timeless. Coffee Prince is sweet, and it’s sentimental for me because it was one of the first ones I watched.
- How much time do you devote a day to blogging?
– Not a alot. I use to be able to do this on a regular basis. Now it’s whenever i can and whenever I feel like I can handle an episode recap without my brain exploding at the nonsensical nature of the characters.
- How much time do you devote a day to watching dramas?
– depends on if there is one I want to watch. If so, 2-3 hours which is rare because most of the stuff I read on the wonderful blogs online.
- If you could create a drama, what would be the plot?
– It would be pretty out there and the female character doesn’t turn into an emotional mess once she falls in love and become all shy. I find that to be most annoying. My drama would probably be about a lead female warrior conquering the warring states through wits and wiles.
- Do you watch dramas by yourself or with other people?
– Hehe. if there’s a particularly great one, then I drag my best friends to sit through it with me, but I work a lot so I do watch it on my own most of the time.
- What’s your favorite food?
– I’m a bit of a foodie and I live in LA which means the possiblities are endless. Ja Jang Myun if I want something filling. Panjera if exotic, Green Tea Crepe if peckish, Shabu Shabu if it’s freezing outside…. should I continue?
Ahhh. Done. Okay here are (in no particular order because I adore everyone of them equally) the wonderful nominees.
3. Modern Seoul
9. The Vault
1. When you at yourself in the mirror, what do you think?
2. Would you rather be Elsa or Ana from Frozen. Why?
3. What kind of fairy tale evil queen would you be if you can be one?
4. If you were to confess your love to your love, how would you do it?
5. If you were a second lead in an asian drama, and you know that the girl that you like, likes someone else more, what would you do?
6. What are the three most common phrases that you say on any given day (barring um, hello, goodbye, and thank you)
7. If you were to chose a type of weapon to defend yourself with, what would it be?
8. When you’re sad, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
9. What is the most wonderful, unexpected thing that’s ever happened to you and how did it change you?
10. What makes you laugh until you cry?