It’s strange for me to be writing about a modern story. And while I can’t do recaps on it I do want to do a little highlight of it since it’s adorable. It’s called “Mop Lady’s Spring”
Here are some of the highlights I like about this story.
The story is about a 28 year old heroine Luo Xiao Cong who as been in a relationship with her boyfriend for four years. She’s the kind that does everything for the boy but it turns out that he’s screwing his boss. She found this out when her mother, who runs a flower shop asks her to deliver to the hotel room a bunch of flowers. She found the cheating boyfriend/fiance with the girl. She walks away and the boyfriend chases after her, yelling at her for being there, did she follow him? Is she the kind of woman who doesn’t trust him anymore.
He was only in a private meeting with his boss. Xiao Cong fantasizes beating the shit out of him, but she ultimately walks away.
2. Xiao Cong is driving down the road after she finds out about the affair, she’s crying to herself and basically has held up all the traffic. The driver behind her walks up and starts knocking on her car door, telling her to move. She starts to see her boyfriend and starts screaming at him calling him “asshole”. He gets mad and YANKS the door off her car. He looks stunned once he realizes what he did. Xiao Cong is beyond pissed off, she coolly rams her car into his, and drives away, without a car door.
3. It turns out that the unlucky driver is also the main guy in this drama. His name is Wu Tong, and he is a cartoonist. His book is about to be sold to a entreprenuer, who hems and haws at Wu Tong being so late. The Entreprenuer is basically an ass who criticises everything about the cartoon, even though he doesn’t understand what cartoons are since he is so old. Then the entreprenuer starts critising Wu Tong’s art, saying that the colors don’t look well. Wu Tong’s mouth opens and realizes that the entreprenuer is colorblind. Wu Tong walks out on the interview.
4. Xiao Cong’s mother, on the other hand, goes after the cheating boyfriend and the other woman with a large feather duster, essentially beating the stuffing out of the boyfriend and the other woman.
The cheating boyfriend shoves the mother and she lies on the ground unresponsive. They all go the the hospital. Once the boyfriend has paid for the medication and the hospital bill for Xiao Cong’s mother, Xiao Cong tells her mom, “He’s gone, you can stop pretending” To which the mom opens her eyes. (Notice the feather duster behind mom, that is a good weapon of choice)
5. Xiao Cong is a master mechanic at an autoshop and she and her co-workers are eating pizza when she tells them of her break up. They call her Bro Cong, because she’s awesome at fixing cars, and she’s like bro to them. One of the asks that now that she’s free, will she consider him? She smiles and says that if she doesn’t open her eyes for the rest of her life, he’ll definitely be the one she ends up with.
6. Wu Tong meets Xiao Cong again when he takes his car to a shop. Turns out Xiao Cong is an ace mechanic there and she doesn’t recognize him first, telling him that if the front of the car is damaged it’s probably because he was tailgating too close to the car in front of him. He grabs her by the scruff of the neck. She promises to fix his car without charge to which he roars, “OF COURSE YOU CRASHED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE”
7. Xiao Cong decides to attend her cheating boyfriend’s wedding dressed in her couple’s outfit with a random guy she found, basically Wu Tong. They go to the wedding and Xiao Cong’s plan for revenge doesn’t happen.
Wu Tong also sees his ex-girlfriend, who happens to be the bride’s father’s Trophy Wife. Sad, they get drunk afterwards, and they go to a motel (nothing happens) Her worried mother is running around in Beijing trying to find her. When Mama Cong finds in the hotel with a strange man, she barges in and tells her daughter to “KNEEL” and Wu Tong gets startled and kneels first. Mama Cong barks “Come Close” and Wu Tong crawls over first. Mama Cong berates her daughter and asks who will marry a girl like her now?!?! Wu Tong roars, “I WILL”. They are all stunned, Mama Cong, to make sure he keeps his promise, takes his ID/passport, and tells him she’ll contact him.
8. Mama Cong is dead set on Wu Tong marrying Xiao Cong. Mainly because Mama Cong is worried that her 28 year old daughter will stay single for the rest of her life. To ensure that they get married MAma Cong will not only use force, but smarts. She and the guy who secretly likes her devise various ways to get Xiao Cong and Wu Tong married (like pretending to be very sick, with an ilness taht no doctor knows because it’s made up).
9. Xiao Cong has to go fix a race car because she’s the best, and it’s a favor for her boss’s friend. She goes to the race track and sees the hot guy getting out of a race car. Her nose starts to bleed (it’s a drama sign saying that a guy is good looking).
She goes up to him, after a bunch of girls and hanger ons. She gets his attention and he looks at her, he realizes that she’s the “guy” who is suppose to come and fix his car.
Once he realizes that Xiao Cong is a girl, he grabs a 100 RMB bill and says that he doesn’t need her help, she should just take a cab back. He turns away from her. Xiao Cong rolls her eyes, pissed that he’s looking down on her because she’s a woman and says, “You car has trouble accelerating to full potential doesn’t it? You car should be accelerating to 100 in 2.8 seconds” He turns to her, with full attention as she continues, “It’s because your 2nd and 4th cylinders aren’t working” She walks away as he asks, “How did you know?” She doesn’t turn around and instead throws the money he had given her over her shoulder replying snarkily “Guessed It.” He calls again, “How did you know?” as she walks away, totally ignoring him
So that’s the one I’m currently following, it’s cute sweet and simple, let me know what you think!